When it comes to looking for healthy fundraising ideas for a school, you could be forgiven for thinking they don’t exist – except right here! We strongly believe that by choosing healthy fundraising ideas and products, you are benefiting both your school and your supporters. We’ve put together a list of healthy and eco-friendly ideas you may wish to consider.
Eco-Friendly & Healthy Fundraising Ideas
Say no to chocolate and lollies, trying one of these healthy options for your next fundraiser instead:
- Barbeques at the school can be a great opportunity to highlight healthy options such as grilled vegetables, lean meats, vegetarian meats, fresh salads, wholemeal bread, low-fat mayonnaise and sauce/s, use of lean meats, and vegetable patties
- Nuts and trail mix such as Scroggin
- Crisps made from vegetables
- Rice and corn crackers are a tasty and crunchy snack
- Roasted nuts and chickpeas
- Toasted sandwiches
- Homemade pizzas
- Filled rolls
- Hosting a community breakfast where local businesses can donate healthy food, and the school can ask for a small donation to attend
- At school fairs or stands, a school can sell boxes of fruit, fruit smoothies, fruit salad, instead of the cakes and biscuits sold at bake sales
- A school could hold a raffle where the prize is a healthy snack.
- Plain popcorn
- Cookbooks are an old favourite, but they can have hundreds of healthy recipes for people to try out at home
- Eco and environmentally friendly N.Z made products, of which we have many! Check out our eco-friendly and healthy fundraising ideas which include Go Bamboo toothbrushes, straws, dish scrubbers, reusable sandwich bags, magnetic photo frames, palm oil free soap and compostable dish cloths.
5 Reasons Why Healthy Fundraising Is Important?
If you still weren’t convinced about why your school should ditch the chocolates, then these five points may just make it clear for you:
- Shows the community that you care more about health than how much money you can make selling chocolate or candy bars.
- As a positive role model, it gives you personal satisfaction by being socially conscious and not contributing to poor health.
- Makes people especially children see that healthy foods can be just as enjoyable as sugary drinks and fatty foods.
- Supports the schools’ policies on healthy foods, and what kids are taught in the classroom is reinforced and applied to the real world.
- Encourages healthy eating for kids when they see their teachers and parents rally behind a positive cause.
It is important to keep the importance of eating healthy in school and out of school, to avoid sending cross-wire messages. Remember, we’ve got all of your healthy fundraising ideas and products in the bag here at Real Good Fundraising – so download our catalogue now!